45 East 74th is a representative of architectural craftsmanship and design that pays homage to the sense of style and elegance characteristic of the historic Upper East Side.
In a style reminiscent of Renaissance architecture, the home draws inspiration from classic Italian icons, perfectly integrated with warm and rich contemporary interior design. The attention to quality is extremely rare in this era – from hand-crafted bronze and leather banisters, Italian marble facade imported from Italy, and honed mill work panels, to the precisely-refined coffered ceilings. The home is built to last for generations.
The townhouse, perfectly positioned on a prime residential block between Park and Madison Avenues, is nestled in the heart of Manhattan’s historic Gold Coast. Originally constructed in 1879, a century later, this spectacular home has been dramatically reinvented and technologically transformed into one of the most beautiful residences in the Upper East Side Historic District.
The building’s hand-carved Italian limestone façade unites undeniably luxurious meticulously designed interiors with breathtaking outdoor spaces. While the façade and portico are classic neo-Roman – ornamental Doric columns and pediments cut from solid blocks of cream-colored limestone – the interiors are incredibly modern and no less stunning. Grand and distinct, the interiors feature a bisazza mosaic tile-lined swimming pool and spa, wine cellar, state-of-the-art kitchen, ten-foot ceilings, and a striking amount of space for entertaining guests – all bathed in an abundance of natural light. Wood-burning fireplaces and rich, cerused oak floors finish the warm the interiors. Crestron’s top-of-the-line centralized home technology gives residents full control of lighting, climate, audio, and entertainment at the touch of a button. The full-floor master bedroom suite embraces its own library, dressing room and private terrace. Corner to cornice, 45 East 74th effortlessly combines comfort with elegance.
The residence’s outdoor space is plentiful and pleasant. Front and back, the property is beautifully landscaped and is a perfect setting for garden parties and alfresco dining amidst the City’s changing seasons. The back garden is connected to the kitchen by a delicate winding staircase, making outdoor dining a proverbial breeze. Four open-air terraces reveal distinctive views of the chic Upper East Side, while the penthouse floor’s terrace spa offers a tranquil refuge for a midnight starlit soak.
-Handcrafted Italian Caliza Capri limestone façade (made in Italy)
with Doric columns, limestone sills & three distinct types of pediments
-Grand staircase with railing and balustrade carved from solid limestone
- Caliza Capri limestone-clad entry hall (made in Italy)
- Roof and four terraces with sealed Brazilian Ipe hardwood decking
- Private garden accessible from kitchen and family room
- Wood-burning fireplaces in the media room, dining room, and master bedroom
- Nespa Spas (made in California) hot tub with Bisazza Mosaico (made in Italy) glass tile finishing
- Wine cellar with honed travertine stone floors and oak interiors (made in Italy)
- Hand-crafted millwork panel walls of oak hardwood (made in Italy)
- Cerused plank flooring (made in Italy)
- Crestron home-centralized AV distribution, lighting, HVAC and security systems
- Swimming pool clad in Bisazza Mosaico glass tile finishing with a waterwall illuminated by skylight
- Pool room with Navona Travertine slab walls and floors
- Spa, fitness area and steam sauna
- Travertine slab-clad bathroom interiors
- Calacatta marble walls and floors in master bathroom
- Dumbwaiter elevator for easy transport from kitchen to two levels
- Available fully furnished.